金币

侠客

积分
QQ
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2010-2-1 16:25:00 | 只看该作者 |只看大图 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

经典图书
I am attending SolidWorks World 2010 as press. I asked to interview a SolidWorks product manager and was given an appointment with Shaun Murphy. I had never met Shaun before and I don’t remember ever corresponding to him by email. So I was eager to meet him. This is a part of my interview with him.
Deelip: What is it that you do at SolidWorks?
Shaun: I am the Product Manager of the core SolidWorks CAD product. I work in the Marketing Department under Product Management.

Deelip: How did the recent PhotoWorks fiasco happen and why did it take such a long time to detect it?
Shaun: Well, it was a weird mixture of occurrences that managed to get through our testing system. We have since put measures in place so that such a thing never happens again. Having said that I am quite pleased at the way we responded. There are two ways to go about this. You can either play it down and hide it or come clean and inform everyone involved. We chose to do the latter.

Deelip: Could it even be possible to hide something this huge?
Shaun: Yes, and some companies do that.

Deelip: Do you believe SolidWorks has the potential to grow into a high-end MCAD system?
Shaun: For some time now SolidWorks has been running as an independent company free from Dassault Systemes. They have been doing their stuff and we have been doing ours. But now we are going to combine SolidWorks into the Dassault portfolio in a much closer way. So the scalability issue will no longer exist. You will hear more on this in our upcoming product announcement.

Deelip: So does this mean that SolidWorks will read and write CATIA files? Why has that not happened all this time? I know that it is not a technical problem because I have licensed Dassault’s libraries and used them to make SolidWorks read and write CATIA files.
Shaun: You are right. This is not a technical problem. Rather it is a business one. One that will be solved in the near future. We are working on it.

Deelip: When that happens will the data exchange be restricted to reading and writing dumb geometry only? Or will users be able to exchange features and history as well?
Shaun: I cannot disclose details now. All I can say is that at the very least exchange of dumb geometry will be possible.

Deelip: Since you mentioned combining SolidWorks into the Dassault Systems portfolio, does it mean that a future version of SolidWorks will use CATIA’s V6 modeling kernel and not Parasolid?
Shaun: I really cannot disclose more about our integration plans. I suggest that you wait for our upcoming announcement. I am not authorized to divulge any information regarding this. I hope you understand.

Deelip: What is the technical problem is implementing backward version compatibility?
Shaun: Well, this is more of a business problem than a technical one.

Deelip: I intend to quote you on this. This is the first time a MCAD vendor has accepted that backward version compatibility is a business problem.
Shaun: (Laughs) Just see that you don’t get me fired. We are working on backward compatibility. As you can understand, there are some technical issues but we hope to find solutions to them.

Deelip: There have been reports of Alibre permanently offering Alibre Design Standard for $99. What do you have to say about that?
Shaun: Frankly I don’t know how is it even possible to sell something like a MCAD system at $99. But there is another thing. It’s like owning a car. Even the most simple car has four wheels and can takes you from Point A to Point B. So why do people buy more powerful and expensive cars? Everything is not about price versus functionality. There are other factors at play. Things like support, a vibrant reseller channel and even pride.

Deelip: Pride?
Shaun: Yes, users are proud to own a MCAD system like SolidWorks. There is something to it.

Deelip: Shaun, I really hope you take this the right way. I don’t see the pride in denying non-subscription customers access to service packs? Do you want your paying customers to pay you more for fixing your bugs as well? I am a software developer and do not charge my customers for bugs that they find and report to me, whether they are on subscription or not.
Shaun: When a customer purchases a subscription he gets a whole lot more than just bug fixes.

Deelip: I get that. But I do not believe that the fact that you allow customers to purchase SolidWorks without subscription and then do not give them fixes to bugs that they helped you find is something that you or they can be proud of.
Shaun: You raise a good point. I will get back to you on this issue.

Deelip: Do you believe SolidWorks will ever run as a service?
Shaun: Technology is moving in that direction. You will hear more about this in our upcoming product announcement.

There was a lot more that I wanted to discuss with Shaun. But I ran out of time.
下图左为shaun,右为deelip.
大致意思
deelip:为什么SW最近连连发补丁啊?shaun说:it was a weird mixture of occurrences that managed to get through our testing system,shaun接着说,客户也不必接着下载补丁啊
deelip:怎么,客户可以不安装这些东东?shaun说:有些公司就这么做的
deelip:SW有望成为高端产品吗?shaun说:原先我们跟达索公司是各管一摊,但现在我们决定跟达索的产品加强整合,这意味着我们会推出更多的产品来.
deelip:这么说SW可以读取catia的文件了,我知道,在技术上实现根本不是问题,这么长时间以来,我一直用达索的软件来实现SW读取catia文件.
shaun:你说的对,这的确不是个技术问题,这其实是个商业问题,我们正在研究,以便不久能解决它.
deelip:你刚才说SW要与catia整合,是否意味着使用catiav6的内核啊?shaun:对不起,我不能透露更多的信息给你,因为我没有这方面的授权,我建议你等官方的消息
deelip:推出能够向后兼容的版本是否为一个技术问题?shaun:这是一个比技术问题更难回答的问题
deelip:在我发布消息时我打算引用你的话,向后兼容其实是个商业问题 shaun:别猜说,你想让我失业啊 ,这的确是个技术问题,我们正在解决它
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 转播转播 分享教程|习题|模型|技巧 点赞点赞1169 拍砖拍砖5108
SolidWorks机械工程师网
提示:建议使用谷歌浏览器浏览本网站!如单击这里下载!否则,可能无法下载附件文件!(支持大多数版本的谷歌浏览器,支持360和QQ浏览器的极速模式,即谷歌内核模式,使用IE和Edge浏览器,浏览个别网页以及下载文件时,会误报“***不安全”,此时需要单击“继续访问此不安全站点(不推荐)”才可以继续下载,另外,本网站不含任何不安全的文件,已联系微软公司解决,纯属IE和Edge浏览器误报)
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

金币

侠客

积分
QQ
沙发
发表于 2010-2-1 16:27:12 | 只看该作者
不懂淫文
SolidWorks机械工程师网
提示:建议使用谷歌浏览器浏览本网站!如单击这里下载!否则,可能无法下载附件文件!(支持大多数版本的谷歌浏览器,支持360和QQ浏览器的极速模式,即谷歌内核模式,使用IE和Edge浏览器,浏览个别网页以及下载文件时,会误报“***不安全”,此时需要单击“继续访问此不安全站点(不推荐)”才可以继续下载,另外,本网站不含任何不安全的文件,已联系微软公司解决,纯属IE和Edge浏览器误报)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

金币

侠客

积分
QQ
板凳
发表于 2010-2-1 16:27:17 | 只看该作者

经典图书
AIP 2010 可以读取 CATIA 的文件,相反,SW 2010 似乎无法读取。
倒是希望 SW 能增加类似 AIP 设计加速器的功能。
SolidWorks机械工程师网
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

金币

侠客

积分
QQ
地板
发表于 2010-2-1 16:29:21 | 只看该作者
洋文还是不看了,直接看下面
SolidWorks机械工程师网
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

金币

侠客

积分
QQ
5#
发表于 2010-2-1 16:32:21 | 只看该作者

经典案例图书
有没有翻译好的,呵呵?
SolidWorks机械工程师网
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

金币

侠客

积分
QQ
6#
发表于 2010-2-1 16:36:15 | 只看该作者
出向下兼容版,是个福音!
SolidWorks机械工程师网
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

金币

侠客

积分
7#
发表于 2010-2-1 16:38:45 | 只看该作者

经典案例图书

不可能啊,solidworks和catia都是法国达索集团的,兼容性肯定比较好
并且2010版以后,catia的功能慢慢会开放给solidworks
SolidWorks机械工程师网
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

金币

侠客

积分
QQ
8#
发表于 2010-2-1 16:47:57 | 只看该作者
感谢楼主无私奉献 ,先收下了,学习学习
SolidWorks机械工程师网
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

金币

侠客

积分
9#
发表于 2010-2-1 16:48:49 | 只看该作者
呵呵。。这两个人手上的戒指好大啊 。。。
SolidWorks机械工程师网
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭 卷起
关闭 卷起

SOLIDWORKS 2023 机械设计从入门到精通

手机版|小黑屋| GMT+8, 2024-9-25 17:21 , Processed in 0.156995 second(s), 20 queries , Memcache On.

SolidWorks机械工程师网 ( 鲁ICP备14025122号-2 ) 鲁公网安备 37028502190335号

声明:本网言论纯属发表者个人意见,与本网立场无关。
如涉版权,可发邮件: admin@swbbsc.com

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表