金币

侠客

积分
QQ
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2010-2-3 11:38:00 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

经典图书
又是那位印度博客deelip先生,本来杰夫先生会在大会上答记者问的,正巧杰夫先生被一群印度记者包围,于是乎,我们的deelip先生混迹其中,问了几个关于直接建模和与autodesk公司官司的事
Deelip: After the direct modeling demo you mentioned that your development team received help from Dassault Systemes. Does this mean that the new stuff that you have been working on uses the V6 technology from Dassault Systemes? I ask because I am curious to know whether SolidWorks will be moving away from the Parasolid modeling kernel.
Jeff: What happens under the hood does not really matter to the customer. A SolidWorks user is really not bothered about which modeling kernel we use. We let the user worry about solving his problems and we worry about how we can help him do it.

Deelip: I found the Direct Modeling particularly interesting because all along you have maintained that SolidWorks would not have it and now suddenly we see this.
Jeff: I still say that Direct Modeling is not the right approach. Our competition is forcing their customers to choose between one method or the other. Furthermore, they say that if you select one method, you loose the history and features. If you choose the other, then you cannot push and puss stuff around. That is not the right way to go about doing it. I don’t know what you want to call this and frankly, it does not matter. As far as I am concerned users simply want to use different methods to model depending on what they are doing. We are simply giving him the tools to do that.

Deelip: I guess Autodesk is doing it the right way then with Inventor Fusion.
Jeff: Well, we will have to see.

Deelip: Regarding the SolidWorks that we saw running on the Mac today, was that a native Mac application?
Jeff: Nothing is running on the Mac. Everything is on the cloud. And speaking of which, we are not going to force our customers to move to SolidWorks on the cloud. We will offer them both options and let them decide which works best for them. We will continue to develop and enhance the desktop version of SolidWorks.

Deelip: Any broad time frame by which these technologies will become available?
Jeff: They will be available when they are ready. I don’t know when that will be. I do not want to push my team and then have them deliver something half baked. I have pushed them enough already. Another thing. All the new stuff you saw this morning has been working for years. This is not something that we got working last month or last week. If this stuff was not good enough, we wouldn’t have shown it to you.

Deelip: Is SolidWorks interested in offering a solution to the low end MCAD market? Maybe something along the lines of Inventor LT in the $1000 range.
Jeff: No. But here is the thing. When SolidWorks runs in the cloud, it will really not matter whether you are running a $1000 software or a $5000 software. When you want to light up your house you dont go ahead and buy a power plant. You simply plug-in and pay as you go for exactly what you need. SolidWorks users will be able to do exactly that.

Deelip: In your opinion are the lines blurring between the mid range and high end MCAD systems.
Jeff: Actually, it depends upon the customer. For example, in the case of
Terrafugiawhich I mentioned in the general session today, SolidWorks was good enough to do everything except the stuff that involved composites. That part was achieved by using CATIA. So for them maybe the line between mid range and high end is quite visible. But for others that may not be the case.
Jeff mentioned that on Wednesday we will be shown a demo of SolidWorks communicating with Enovia V6 in the cloud. We will also be shown the new stuff that will be part of SolidWorks 2011.
大致意思
deelip:在直接建模演示时您提到开发团队得到了达索公司的帮助,这是否意味着有新的元素加入进来,比如catia v6的内核?我想知道SW是否打算放弃parasolid内核?
杰夫:俗话说:客户不关心引擎盖下会发生什么事。SW用户不会真的在意自己使用什么样的建模内核,我们解决了用户担心的问题,我们只是担心我们如何更好帮助用户.
deelip:我特别感兴趣的是,您一直以来坚持认为现在的SW不需要直接建模,但现在我们发现却不是这么回事?(指全球大会上的直接建模演示)
杰夫:我仍然认为直接建模不是一种正确的设计流程.只不过是竞争对手的竞争让用户作出选择,而且他们说,如果我选择了与用户保持一致,那我就有新的起点,如果我选择了其它,那我就无法推进用户的设计了,对我来说用户用什么方法建模,取决于他们自己,我们只是提供工具.
deelip:我猜想autodesk正在做这样的事,让它的inventor具有自由曲面的功能.
杰夫:好的,我们一直在关注
deelip:关于SW的,今天我们看到在苹果电脑运行是mac版的应用程序吗?
杰夫:苹果电脑上根本没有什么应用程序,一切都在云里.当然,我们不会强迫我们的用户使用solidworks的云,我们会为他们提供两种选择,让他们决定哪个最适合自己,我们将继续发展和加强solidworks的桌面版本.
deelip:什么时候这些技术会进入到实用阶段?
杰夫:还在准备,我也不清楚什么时候,我不想让我的团队研发出半生不熟的产品来,我已经要求他们必须是成熟的产品,另外你今天看到的东东不是我们上个月或上周鼓捣出来的,至于我们已经研制两年了,如果这东东不够好,我们就不会拿出来显摆
deelip:公司的目标是为低端MCAD市场提供一个解决方案吗?或许1000美元是个界限,适合inventor的.
杰夫:当你在云里运行solidworks时,你根本不会在意正在运行的是1000美元或5000美元的软件,当你点亮房间时你不会继续再要买个发电厂,你只需插座和付电费即可,SW用户以后就可以这么做了
deelip:您认为所谓的高端CAD与中端CAD的界限是模糊不清的?
杰夫:其实,这取决于用户.我在今天的一般性会议上说了,SW已经足够他用的了,除非涉及到复合材料,这部分就得需要catia了.因此,他们之间的区别是非常明显的,但对于其他的事则并非如此.
3号我们会在SW2011中显示一些新东西.
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 转播转播 分享教程|习题|模型|技巧 点赞点赞20410 拍砖拍砖2085
SolidWorks机械工程师网
提示:建议使用谷歌浏览器浏览本网站!如单击这里下载!否则,可能无法下载附件文件!(支持大多数版本的谷歌浏览器,支持360和QQ浏览器的极速模式,即谷歌内核模式,使用IE和Edge浏览器,浏览个别网页以及下载文件时,会误报“***不安全”,此时需要单击“继续访问此不安全站点(不推荐)”才可以继续下载,另外,本网站不含任何不安全的文件,已联系微软公司解决,纯属IE和Edge浏览器误报)
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭 卷起
关闭 卷起

SOLIDWORKS 2023 机械设计从入门到精通

手机版|小黑屋| GMT+8, 2024-9-23 15:24 , Processed in 0.198979 second(s), 19 queries , Memcache On.

SolidWorks机械工程师网 ( 鲁ICP备14025122号-2 ) 鲁公网安备 37028502190335号

声明:本网言论纯属发表者个人意见,与本网立场无关。
如涉版权,可发邮件: admin@swbbsc.com

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表